Thursday, November 16, 2006

More of the haps

-Today was my last day tutoring at the high school. The first couple of weeks there I felt sure that I was an awful tutor and no good at teaching anyone anything, but now I have realized that teaching is something I really love, and that kids are amazing. That doesn't mean that it still wasn't my last day.
-I am working on an article about the film school for the next issue of Chapman Magazine that I have gotten to interview a lot of film professors for. It's actually really amazing because I get to sit down with some of the best teachers there (The designer of Blade Runner! The writer of The Sting!) and just talk to them about filmmaking and storytelling, one-on-one! I kind of feel like it's cheating, because I'm learning way more from these people than I'll ever be able to convey in my article, and I'm personally getting a lot out of it. It's almost like being back in school again, except without having to do assignments! Well, except for finish the article, I suppose.
-Saw a trio of one-act plays tonight. A one-act is a great format to experiment in, because you can go out on a bit of a limb and even if it's a bit akward, the audience isn't going to be thinking "oh lord, not another two hours of this!" All of the plays did some interesting things stylistically and were interesting, though some bits were more successful than others. This isn't really a review.
-I signed up to run a half-marathon in February one week ago. Guess I need to start running!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home