Wednesday, November 08, 2006

This story is a) about me, and b) quite funny! It is written by my friend Jennie from Koisan.
I am quitting Koisan, the sushi bar where I work, in just over a week. It's kind of strange because this is the first time that I have quit a job for any reason besides "I am moving away and it will be geographical impossible for me to continue my duties here."
I will miss it, because it's an easy job that I know how to do well. I will also miss the people I work with there, mostly Jennie, who stopped working lunch shifts with me a few months ago, and Bang, who has been my Koisan cohort longer than anyone else. I will also miss making jokes in Spanish with the cooks in the back, folding ten thousand red napkins into roses at the beginning of each shift, greeting regular customers by name, and sometimes getting curry for lunch.
I'm really comfortable at Koisan, probably more so than I have been at any other job I've had. Which I think is one of the reasons that I need to move on.

xxoo

3 Comments:

Blogger -Aaron- said...

This is actually VERY hilarious. You bloody bastard.



ps WASP?

Fri Nov 10, 12:58:00 AM PST  
Blogger Megan said...

So are you going to be looking for another part-time job or just concentrating on the good ol' CU employment?

Wed Nov 15, 05:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger Megan said...

Also, the story is funny. I tried to leave a comment for your friend but didn't want to get a Xanga account.

Wed Nov 15, 05:37:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home