Sunday, October 29, 2006

Disc Jockey

So on Saturday I ...
-wore a Lacrosse t-shirt
-got up early to run a 5k race
-ate two hearty breakfasts
-played ultimate Frisbee for about an hour
-set my line-up for Sunday's fantasy football game
-watched the riveting second half of a college football game on TV. It was USC vs. OSU ... and the Beavers won!

Then I realized, with a shock, that this is all evidence that I could be becoming a *gasp!* jock. aaaaahhh!!!! that would be like the worst thing ever. if I were a jock I would have to beat my geeky self up. Which would be unpleasant, I think. I like my geeky self!

Everyone I talk to seems to be surprised that I ran a 5k race, and then almost unbelieving when I tell them my time -- 21:08, just about 7 minutes per mile. Do I really seem to be THAT unathletic?? I am in pretty good shape, honestly! I haven't got big muscles, but I can run OK.
At the Chapman 5k this weekend I out-ran not only President Jim Doti, but also Orange Mayor Mike Murphy and Congresswomen Loretta Sanchez! Ha! I even got a medal! And a tee-shirt!

Jocks rule?????

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Honestly, I thought I had the wrong blog when I got to "fantasy football line-up"...I didn't even know you watched sports...all I ever remember seeing on your TV was Comedy Central or movies.

Mon Oct 30, 12:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

I don't typically watch sports, but I can get caught up in an exciting game like if it is the World Cup or if the Oregon Beavers are beating USC.
And I am only doing fantasy football because people from my church were doing it. I am not very good at it, and I don't really care, but I DO actually do it.

Mon Oct 30, 03:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

You forgot to mention that you also beat ME (i guess?).

i suppose i got a medal and a T-shirt too, which makes me just as fast as you. Or something.

-Aaron Humphchoate-

or

-Humphrey Choategart- (sorry)

Mon Oct 30, 09:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

ha ha ha!
I feel like if you had all of your blood inside your body you certinally would have given us all a run (haha) for our money.

I didn't type up the aro/a.c. confusion because it was late and I was too tired to explain difficult-to-explain things. Now, that is once again the case. Perhaps an edit is coming tomorrow??

Aaron Choatrey??

Tue Oct 31, 12:31:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap!! Aaron was watching football!!!!! I can hardly believe my eyes!!! Wow how you've changed....see, sports pages are good!!!! hehe :)

And by the way...GO BEAVS!!! I've got Civil War tickets and I can't wait!!!

TTYL :)
Lori :)

Thu Nov 09, 09:39:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home