Monday, October 09, 2006

If love were a pastry...

When I am feeling down and depressed for largely ungraspable reasons, I find that pie is one of the surest way to cheer myself up for a few moments. I think this is because it tastes somewhat how love would taste if love were a pastry.
Of course I glad that love is not a pastry, because with pastries it is only a few bites before you're left feeling fuller than ever and as empty as before, but when I am feeling down or depressed for largely ungraspable reasons, I wish that finding true love was as easy as pie, and I could buy some from the grocer for 6.99 (plus tax), freshly baked just for me, in a aluminum tin I would save forever as a symbol of love's everlasting presense at my side.
But if that is too much to ask, could I just save leftover love in the fridge for something a little less fleeting to heat up on lonely nights?
...
xxoo

6 Comments:

Blogger -Aaron- said...

Mmmm...

PIE!

Tue Oct 10, 12:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Megan said...

The pie sale is on at Marie Callendars...a whole pie for $5.99! We should go get some soon.

On a more serious and less realistic note: If love were so easily attainable and even more easily disposable...would it really be worth it? Besides, you and I and anyone who has ever loved knows that love isn't always so sweet.

I know the depression of which you speak...we all have our battles but that is why we all (hopefully) had friends too.

<3 love to you dear Aro

Tue Oct 10, 05:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

aww, thanks Meg!
I know that love is worth more because you can't buy it, but I think sometimes we all wish it were a little bit easier to find!
I wouldn't say that I am depressed very often, just that like everyone, I get lonely sometimes.
And friends are the best. love to you as well!

Tue Oct 10, 09:49:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think sugary stuff releases endorphins; and fat definitely makes you feel full and temporarily satisfied, but your cells are saying "What the heck are we supposed to do with all this junk?" and then they get all scared and sad and depressed and run around slugishly, then decide to become adipose tissue (which you need more of my dear:)
I'm not sure where I was going with this but since I've already called you and done my duties as a friend, I'll bid you goodnight. (if this doesn't count as a run on sentence then I don't know what does:)

Tue Oct 10, 10:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Props for talking cells and...science!

Wed Oct 11, 10:13:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

seconded!

Fri Oct 13, 08:26:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home