Thursday, March 03, 2005

The eatten, the digested and the mundane

Just Read: The Barefoot Serpant by C. Scott Morse. Another great comic book!
Watching: The Good the Bad and the Ugly. Maybe I'll actually make it all the way through the movie and not fall asleep this time.

I just found out that if you search for my name on the Chapman website you can find all my old Quiche of the Day pages. If you search for words like "hooray" or "pie" or basically anything else not directly related to school my name comes up, too. I wasn't able to find any other personal pages hosted on their server, so I guess I'm either famous, or the only one to take advantage of the free web hosting there. Every time I read my old blogs I'm surprised at how witty or interesting I used to be. I also spent most of my time talking about food, sleep or laundry. So maybe if I talk about what I ate today, I can reclaim some of my past glory.
Here is what I ate today:
1. Peanut butter toast, made of me by my sweet Erin. Toast is one of the few things I can make on my own, and she's certinally capable of making a lot more than toast -- in fact, she made me one normal piece of peanut butter toast, and one piece with honey added! I stayed up too late working on a Christmas Ninja movie script, and din't wake up in time to make anything else before work. Without my girlfriend, I might be dead. Or at least toastless and late for work :(
2. Nothing.
3. Nachos! Since I missed the traditional lunchtime working in the computer lab and going to my lame Chemestry for consumers class, I ate nothing between toast and Nachos, which Erin and I got from Rutabagorz, the local alt.health.food resturant. They served us a ton and we weren't even able to finish 2/3 of them on our own. But eatting and talking was so fun, I was almost late for class at four! Today was a day for close calls, schedule-wise, I guess.
4. Bible study food. After class we walked to a few blocks to the house where one of our favorite Bible studies was being held. I started going there a little less than a year ago when it started up, when it was just a couple of married couples, their toddlers and myself. We share a meal, chat, laugh and talk about Deep Things. It's always a blessing, actually, and I'm glad I get to go with Erin now. But we were still so full from the nachos that I could hardly eat any of the chicken and pasta. I managed to enjoy the s'mores bars they had for desert, though. Sort of like a desert casseole!
5. Gummy Peach Rings. While watching TGTB&TU tonight, Ed ate our leftover nachos, and because they smelled good and I also wanted something to eat, I had a few gummy peach rings. Always a treat, though they might rot my teeth! See, that rhymes! I also ate a few in Chemestry for Consumers to keep me awake during the Global Warming video.
It seems that I am now the only one in the room awake, and the movie is starting to get really good. But I guess I'll have to finish it again another day, since it's still less than halfway finished. Dang this is a long movie! Maybe they just should have left the Ugly and the Good in it or something, to cut down on the length. I'd still watch it. Jeez!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how you consumed food in 'Chemistry for Consumers' and do you really think treat and teeth rhyme? I try to get away w/ rhyming words in that manner, but I don't always get away w/ much cander. (hehe)

Fri Mar 04, 01:54:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

I think treat and teeth are what you call a "slant rhyme," which basically means good enough for pop songs or show tunes, but not good enough for Dr. Seuss or students of grammar.

When you put them so close together, they look so obviously unrhymable :(

Fri Mar 04, 02:13:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Erin made toast of you? She is talented. :)

Fri Mar 04, 06:54:00 PM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Firstly, i agree with your mom. Secondly, your are basically always witty and interesting as evidenced by my frequent visitation to your site(s) and offspring thereof. So keep on keeping on. Also: Brost!

Tue Mar 08, 08:26:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home