Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Raaaarrrr

The last few days, and yesterday especially, I've been in a growly mood. I've stomped around the apartment and sat slumped at my desk and stood confused in the very middle of the room and growled.
GRRRRR!!!!
I don't feel like a lion, a monster or really anything that stalks, and most of the time I couldn't even tell you what I have been growling about. That is the problem.
I feel more confused and frustrated with myself than I have since I was thirteen.
Sometimes I want to kick and tear at the fabric of this reality and rip it to shreds. Everyone here is blind, and me most of all.
We are so wrapped up in things that don't matter; we spend our days worshipping pre-rubble, junk that will be gone in an instant and leave us no better off for our devotion; we wallow in our own wounds and turn away from the transformation that we so obviously need.
RAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
I don't know where I should be or what I should do. I'm not entierly sure who I am. I feel like I may never know these things completely. I always thought that at this point in my life I would be living my childhood dreams, not questioning whether those dreams are even worth pursuing. I am afraid that I'm destined to be a wanderer . . . certinally that's all I ever have been, and the prospect of a liquid life spent treading water is, well . . .
GGRRAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!
There must be more here. I am hoping that I can be strong enough to find it. But for now I wish for intemporal boots to thrash at this veil of existence and kick open wide, gaping holes to heaven.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aro,

It sounds like you are in a tough spot. But if I dare say so, a truly good spot. I think the times of deep reflection and helplessness are the times God can reveal more of His beautiful purpose.
His strength is made perfect in our weakness.
I hope all this doesn't sound trite or stuid or unhelpful. I just want you to know you are loved.

- Hope

Wed Nov 30, 10:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger Grant said...

Trust me...I know what you mean.

I also agree with Mr./Miss Anonymous up there. I think that these times of hardships are the times when we can grow the most.

Till then? Keep growling and don't give up and be content with less than you deserve.

Oh, and remind me of what I just told you when I am down next. I'm sure I should listen to myself more often.

Wed Nov 30, 11:16:00 PM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Thu Dec 01, 06:40:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks, guys! I appreciate your wisdom (and Hope isn't anonymous! I know who she is).
On Tuesday I went to a Bible study/fellowship/whatever thing and it seemed like everyone there was going through similar stuff, and it was really encouraging to talk with them, too.
I know that this is a good and necessary time for growing, etc, etc, but that isn't making it any easier. ha ha.
Actually, maybe it is.

Thu Dec 01, 09:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger Grant said...

oh, i just saw "anonymous" on top and didn't see that hope signed it "hope" on the bottom. oh well. sorry hope!

Thu Dec 01, 11:19:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Aro. Keep your head up. I think many of us recent grads are feeling this same way. I growl frequently these days myself. *hug*

Fri Dec 02, 12:38:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron,
I definitely know how you feel, and because of that, I know there isn't anything I can say to help you. You'll figure it out yourself, somehow; if not, you'll die.

Fri Dec 02, 04:50:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it is as if you described me too...I thought maybe by now, I would have reached all the dreams I had for myself and instead I find those dreams have changed into other things that I haven't quite figured out. Even at 32 it's hard to sort it all out. Thank God we have our whole lives to.

I enjoy reading your blog. In the last 12 years I have been part of the family, we never got to know each other well, but I think we would have been friends. Keep sharing your growls and one day you will look back on all this and see where you have been and it will be ok.

God Bless,
Your cousin-in-law, Angie Stueve

Tue Dec 06, 10:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

Thanks again, everyone. Much love to you all!

Tue Dec 13, 04:35:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home