Thursday, May 19, 2005

Today is the Greatest Day

Today is a confluence of forces and dates.
Twenty two months ago today, Erin and I were only twenty when we sat beneath the stars and decided to start dating. We couldn't at the time wrap our minds around "boyfriend" and "girlfriend."
The new Star Wars film came out today, exactly six years from when Episode One premiered and my best friends and I skipped out of school early to go see it. Of course I brought my lightsaber and Max Rebo beanie buddy. I thought the movie was pretty OK.
But the second one stunk, and I no longer care like I used to. So far I have no plans to see the final film. A girl in my science final was wearing a Star Wars t-shirt today at least. My sixteen year old self would not believe that this would be such a non-issue to my twenty-one year old self.
Also, tomorrow morning I will take what might be my final academic test ever. It's about the apocalypse.
Today we also finished putting together the fourth issue of Gabbo, the literary journal Paul Traska and I started two years ago. It will come out tomorrow.
Also, my parents are coming tomorrow for graduation on Saturday.
Sometimes everything comes together all at once.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's a non-issue to your twenty=one year old self, how does your (actual age) twenty=two year old self feel about it?? See ya soon!

Thu May 19, 10:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Grant said...

I saw Star Wars. It was pretty awful. Then again, I hated the first one and the second one. The original three are good.

Things they are a changin'.

Glad to see it's all coming together for you. Maybe something else awsome will happen today like aliens will come down and battle ninjas and vampires while werewolves will watch and take bets.

That would be cool.

Fri May 20, 12:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Did you really forget how old you are? Because that is freakin' sweet.

i really wish i could be there for your graduation man, but eh, i guess i have a semi-valid excuse.

kirsten and i also saw star wars and we loved it. Perhaps it is because it was in English and not German and we hadn't been to a movie theatre in a while, who knows? We saw 'The Aviator' dubbed into German a while back, and man it was crazy. Anyway, there were certainly things that we liked and didn't like about it, but i don't really feel like typing them on this blog. i'll just say, original Star Wars movies = oh yeah!

If it turns out to be the apocalypse, i'll see you later.

Sat May 21, 10:50:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you this weekend. Wish we could wisk down and enjoy the festivities (& SUNSHINE!) We are proud of you and hope all of your dreams come true!
Love, Uncle Gary & Aunt Kathy

Sat May 21, 01:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kirsten said...

ARO! happy (late) graduation day! wish i coulda been there... but mad congrats on that! so, i didnt love episodes I and II, but three rocked my world. i reallĂ˝ think you ought to see it. if for nothing else, then for the surpassing sweetness of yoda...

kirsten

Mon May 23, 03:16:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrads Aaron!!
What a grand confluance of the universe.

Is it bad form for a 49 year old man to be excited about Star Wars III? (But I did enjoy it)

Love,
Unc. Mark

ps. what do all the ribbons mean in your grad photo?

Tue May 24, 09:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

dude, Aro, what happened to you man? i have like no clue what is happening in your world except hearsay! i would very much like a glance into the mind of a genius, so post away! new digs, job, happenings? plus a certain 'stached man might like to hear a response to guestbook posts...

love,

Sun Jun 05, 11:57:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home