Sunday, March 06, 2005

Rock + roll

It took me far too long, but I finished this flyer for Ed's upcoming show today. Breakfast Epiphanies is his production company, and Kindred Fallis his band, although he'll probably be playing solo at the show.



I stole the art from Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life, which is perhaps the most awesome comic book of the new millenium. So really all I did was edit the picture a little, hand-write in the text, scan it in again and tweak the image a little, but my photoshop skillz are below par, so it took me a while. Thanks to tips from technosavy Grant, I should be able to speed up the process next time.

Also! Ed found an entertainment sitting on a curb a few blocks down the street, so he, Erin and I walked down to check out the scene. We thought about taking it like theives in the night, but instead knocked on a few doors until we found someone who said we could take it -- and even gave us a drawer to go with it! We rolled it back on Ed's longboard, and set it up tonight. It caused enough of a commotion that just about everyone in the house stopped in to see what we were doing, creating an impromptu party. There were corn chips being eatten, there were sticky sumo men being thrown at the wall, there were RCA cables being connected. It was a blast and a half. Or maybe three quarters.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

i found an ENTERTAINMENT??!! i'm awesome.

Mon Mar 07, 09:19:00 AM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

oops.
I was tired??


(Ed actually found an entertainment CENTER).

Mon Mar 07, 10:46:00 AM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

ed IS awesome! i'm also glad to hear that sticky sumo men are being put to great use AND that Rock and Roll is rocking and rolling.

Tue Mar 08, 08:51:00 AM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

dude, ed, can you find me an entertainment? Come on man, i really want one!

Wed Mar 09, 04:58:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home