Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Writers Workshop

Just got back from my first writing class of the semester. I think it's going to be really good. I don't usually take a lot of notes in class, but tonight I ended up filling up three pages.
I'm excited to start on a new story, which I'm planning to write about the Days of Rage, which was a youth riot in Chicago in the winter of 1969. Check it out:



This picture came from the Days of Rage wikipedia article. It blew my mind. That football helmet! Those sun glasses! College kids riding Greyhound buses cross-country to march in the freezing December winds and fill the Chicago streets with burning trash cans and smashed glass from shop windows ...
If that's not a story, brother, I don't know what is.

...
Also on the creative writing front, there was a question here a while back about whether I'd ever post more of the the pinball stories I was working on. I guess the answer is that you'll see them when I can bear to look at them again without burying my face in my hands. At this point, it isn't looking very likely, but you never know.

xxoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home