Sunday, July 01, 2007

Six- or eight-thousand years ago THEY LAID DOWN THE LAW


This is just a post to publicly declare that I am a fan of the B-52s.
I know this will come as a disappointment to some members of my family, but please understand that it is just very hard for me to not like a band that yells out strings things that don't make sense in strange voices in complete (if synthetic) sincerity, and furthermore, this does not mean that I like Neil Young any less. He is awesome, too. Just look at him!







ROCK OUT, NEIL YOUNG!

I wonder who would win a fight.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on Arrow!!
Unc Mark

Mon Jul 02, 06:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

Rock on, Unc!
As a result of posting this right before going to sleep, I had some very strange dreams involving writing an episode of a My Little Ponies cartoon with help from David Crosby, who was mumbling and strung out.

Mon Jul 02, 11:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Grant said...

Hmm...a 5-on-1 fight. Albeit, Neil seems to have quite a bit more street-cred, whereas the B-52s probably have more strange tricks up their sleeves. I'd totally pay to see that fight on Pay-Per-View.

P.S. There were way too many dashes in that paragraph.

Tue Jul 03, 03:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger joyful. said...

aro, aro, aro, i miss you so.

Thu Jul 05, 08:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Depends on which era Neil Young you're talkin. If the fight occurred between both artists as they appear in the photos you posted, then Neil Young, hands down. If ol' Neil were...well, ol' Neil, then i say probably the B-52s. This conclusion is mostly based on Grant's assertion that the B-52s would have "more strange tricks up their sleeves".

Which brings me to my next point: i know next to nothing about the B-52s, and only slightly more about Neil Young.

Wed Aug 01, 04:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Nick said...

I'm no student of ancient culture (before I talk, I should read a book).

But there's one thing I DO know: there's a lot of ruin in Mesopotamia.

Tue Mar 10, 10:47:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home