Thursday, June 07, 2007

one man operation

Almost everyone I know has someone to go home to.
A lot of my friends still live with their families, even though they're (mostly) grown up.
Others have roommates or housemates, usually about the same age, to hang out with.
A growing numbers have spouses and families of their own.

I've lived basically on my own for about a year now. In some ways I don't mind -- it has taught me a lot, and I'm perfectly able to function on my own. Being alone seems like a great environment to work and write and get things done. But when I leave work in the evening and don't have a real conversation with anyone until I get back to work in the morning, it does tend to get me down. It's too bad it's hard to be productive for very long when you're lonely.

grrrr.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

it is hard to be productive when you're lonely, and imaginary friends aren't really socially acceptable anymore, huh?

it was good to talk to you yesterday, though.

-elizabeth

Thu Jun 07, 11:24:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home