Saturday, June 09, 2007

Satuday!

-AC and I illegally ran in the 8th Annual Downtown Anaheim 5k Run, which we arrived too late to actually register for. It was a flat, easy course, and I shaved about two minutes off of my time in the Saddleback 5k! Hooray! Because I didn't have an official bib, they didn't let me actually cross the finish line, though. Instead, some old guy waved me to the side and yelled "If you didn't register, you can't finish!" I was maybe 2.5% sad. I was more much more upset that there was a big construction project going on right next to the course and the air quality was pretty sad. The best part about running a 5k race is that when you tell people about it, they almost always go "Oh wow! That's amazing!" because no one knows how long a 5k really is. It is 3.1 miles. That is not *that* far. It feels good though. Goodness, I can hardly believe that I've become the sort of person who talks about these sorts of things.

-We went to the Irvine Spectrum later that morning after AC bought hisself a bike from a garage sale. He had to talk to the cell phone people and I had to talk to the Apple people. Apple is supposed to make everything, but that has not been my experience. My laptop has not worked 100% correctly since I purchased it a year ago, and I'm going to have to go into one of their little mall stores at least two more times before I can get it in working order. argh. The Irvine Spectrum was not as terrible as I thought it would be, though. I mean, it was terrible, but the architecture was clearly inspired by the Alhambra, and there weren't a ton of people, and I didn't want to smash anything. Which is rare for me in a mall. I AM A MALL SMASHER!

-For lunch we hit up Tandoori, an Indian restaurant close to the sushi bar where I used to work that I had never visited. They had a cheap lunch buffet, clean table cloths and a crazy Bollywood movie on their flat-screen TVs. Also, our server was latina. It was great! I ate so much that I couldn't do much but lay around for a few hours afterward.

-Back at home, I read some comics and watched an episode from the first season of Northern Exposure, which I borrowed from the Chapman library. My parents often talked fondly about that show, but I had never seen it. It's a really good show, but beyond that, it's interesting to me because it's about a doctor who is only a few years younger than my dad would have been when the show was on the air. I wonder how much of himself he saw in the character. At any rate, it is much more interesting than procedural doctor soap operas like ER and even (gasp!) Grey's Anatomy, AND it has 100% more moose.

-Went to The Abbey in the evening to see The Cobalt Season play, which was really enjoyable. The band appears to have started as a husband/wife thing, and now they have something of a band, and also a baby! The baby was asleep during the show, strapped across the mom's front, which looked like it made maneuvering around the small stage a big difficult. I had a beer and a bunch of cookies, which was my dinner. Basically, that is the best dinner ever!

All in all, a pretty great day.

5 Comments:

Blogger -Aaron- said...

Wow, a sleeping, *rocking* baby! Awesome.

i didn't actually catch that our server was latina. i suppose i just assumed she was indian.

i also proceeded to have adventures the rest of the day, which included choosing cakes for the wedding, driving to San Juan Capistrano w/Kirsten, and spending several MORE hours at the mall (a different one). Actually it was w/her and one of the girls she sort of nannys for. Then i went to these people's house and we all ate food and then played Scrabble, one of my new all-time favorite games. Also i learned quite a bit about Scrabble from this session because they have the deluxe, lazy-susan, *awesome* edition. Also all in all a pretty great day.

Unfortunately it involved only about 2% moose.

Oh, and just so everyone knows, Aro is quite a bit faster than me (and most other people).

i am sad to have missed yet another Abby adventure.

And i should like to view an episode or so of Northern Exposure w/ya methinks.

The end.

Finally.





































SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!SMASH MALLS!!!

Sun Jun 10, 01:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

SMASH MORE MALLS!!! SMASH MORE MALLS!! SMASH MORE MALLS!!! SMASH MORE MALLS!! SMASH MORE MALLS!!! SMASH MORE MALLS!! SMASH MORE MALLS!!! SMASH MORE MALLS!!

Glad to hear that you also had excellent adventures!!

My family has the deluxe "lazy susan" version of Scrabble as well, and it is fantastic. Only it's too bad that you can't fold up the board and pour the pieces off of the board and into the bag, because that is always very satisfying for me.

Sun Jun 10, 07:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Must have skimmed over it 'cause i didn't notice this before, but it cracks me up--the title of this post is: Satuday!

Thu Jun 14, 10:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

oops! I'll leave it that way though.

Fri Jun 15, 11:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Great!

i ♥ Satuday!

Fri Jun 15, 03:08:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home