Thursday, August 02, 2007

OC Vagabond

I'm looking for a new place to stay. I've been in this little room in this little house for just over a year now. Never signed a lease because I wasn't sure how long I was going to stick around. At the time I was considering leaving for Turkey to teach English for a year, but I decided to spent my time sticking around here and learning to be somewhat respectable.
After about a year of leaselessness, my landlord finally asked me to sign a six month lease or vacate in 30 days. Six months is not that long, really. But I took the 30 days instead, refusing once again to make any long-term plans in Orange County again. This time it's because I may or may not take a volunteer position in Nicaragua which may or may not be offered to me.
So once again I'm looking for a room in someone else's house that I can move into for an undetermined amount of time. It's almost enough to make me just pack up and leave for good. Honestly the only thing keeping me at my job is free graduate tuition, but I can't imagine sticking around long enough to finish the entire program and actually get my degree. So I don't know exactly why I'm here. And I have even less of an idea of where I'm going.
It's just getting a little bit old. For some reason I seem determined to be a vagabond.
Although I should mention that I got a sappy inspirational card from my mom in the mail today, which actually managed to give me some hope.
... which means you know it's bad, because, well ... it's a sappy inspirational card!
Oh well. I'll do my best to take it to heart.

xxoo

1 Comments:

Blogger -Aaron- said...

Perhaps you might endeavor to change the way your blog is archived? i found it difficult to navigate into the past. i'm not even sure how it's organized on mine, but i'll have to have a look.

So are there more Multiball Blues? (or On The Road, part 2?)

Fri Aug 17, 01:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home