Friday, August 31, 2007

Misc. and Match

A couple of things related to the last few posts:

1. While looking through my bags (which are still only halfway unpacked) for a computer cable so that I could scan the Bhagavad-Gita the other night I found, wonders of wonders, an old, beat-up POG! A zombie POG even! I really wanted to scan it in so y'all could see it, but I still can't find that doggone computer cable. Then I thought that maybe I could just describe the POG and tell you that I held it up to the computer screen hoping that would be enough. Then I thought that I would have to actually DO that if I was going to write about it, which would look pretty silly. and THEN I realized that yes it would look silly, but I could at least take a picture of it with my webcam!



AMAZING, right? Hardcore!

It says "HORRORS CAPS 2001" on the back, which means it's the best kind of POG: a generic one!

2. Speaking of horror-related things and cap-related things, all the episodes of Monster Bash are now apparently freeware! This is great, because it means I no longer have to ask myself the awkward question of whether or not I would pay $30 dollars for a game that is nearly 15 years old. I hope this means that the original Jazz Jackrabbit is freeware now as well. For whatever reason, I simply have no desire to play video games that were released after I got a driver's license.

3. I was pleased to learn that Yahoo Buzz does not actually have a Wikipedia page yet. This means that no one who knows how to use the Internet actually cares about Yahoo Buzz. Which is good to know, because Yahoo Buzz actually sounds like it should be the name of a caffeinated chocolate drink. Wait, I guess that would actually be YooHoo Buzz. Is that a real thing? I would bet money that it is.

Yahoo Buzz also sounds like what Archie Comics would name a stereotypical punk character who would only appear in one story:
"Hey Archie, who's the new kid on the SKATEBOARD? He NEARLY ran Betty OVER!"
"I heard his name is YAHOO BUZZ! I guess he's from OUT OF TOWN."
"Yeah, and Mr. Weatherby is STEAMED at him already!"

Oh man, the hijinx that would ensue...



(as a side note, I REALLY want to try writing Archie comics now. I wonder if they take unsolicited submissions...

2 Comments:

Blogger -Aaron- said...

Passionfruit, Orange, and Guava:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pog
(make sure you check out the "school banning" and military use sections in particular!)

Sat Sep 01, 12:41:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Sep 03, 03:35:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home