Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Rainy Sunday



So I feel a little silly, being a native Oregonians and excitedly taking pictures of the rain just because it's raining, but this week we actually had a real downpour for the first time since I got back to California. The roommates bundled up appropriately.



Of course the whole thing lasted maybe fifteen minutes all told, but what a quarter of an hour it was! There was even hail for a few seconds.

I love the rain, though. I think it is a shame that they make dark city streets that are not slick and reflecty with skywater.



And who can resist such poetry as a red bicycle in the rain?? Not Aro, no sir.



Even the highways were slick and splashing as we drove to church. California is a concrete desert, and all the streets seem to flood every time a girl cries or someone leaves the sink running after brushing their teeth.
That is not entirely true. I am not as good at hyperbole as I used to be it seems. Anyway: rain is beautiful, church was great, pictures are fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home