Saturday, December 17, 2005

I guess I LOVE movies!

I just watched Steamboat Bill, Jr. -- one of Buster Keaton's independent features from the late '20s and it I have to say that it is one of the most fantastic films I have seen.
I'm afraid that whatever I write will not do it justice, so let me point out a few of the best parts:
-There is a whole comedy bit all about trying on HATS. You have no idea how funny it was, and I have no idea how it could have been so funny, but I was giggling practically the whole time.
-The finale of the movie is this huge, huge set piece in which a wind storm hits and the ENTIRE TOWN falls apart around Buster Keaton. There are literally whole buildings being blown around. Even today this is an amazing piece of spectacle and special effects. It wasn't done with computers, of course, but even it if HAD been I would have been beyond impressed. Everyone needs to see the end of this movie, I kid you not! (Most of you probably have seen the famous shot from this scene in which the front of a whole house falls forward on top of Keaton and he survives only because there's a window where he's standing)
-The girl in the movie is way hot. It appears that she died when I was two and she was 74, but I don't care. Maybe I just have a thing for '20s fashion.
-There's a ton of other great stuff, but I need to go to play rehearsal now, so I cannot extol all of the virtues of this film, but I shouldn't have to -- you should just go see it yourself!
xxooo

1 Comments:

Blogger -Aaron- said...

Sounds like i HAVE to see it now! ..especially if there's a hot dead dame sporting '20s fashion.

Sun Dec 18, 11:56:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home