Saturday, February 19, 2005

Writing about writing, and about writing on this weblog specifically. kind of pretentious and self-involved, but oh well!

Hmmm, each entry here been significantly longer than the one that came before it, an alarming trend that threatens flood the internet with overwrought, introspective text if it continues! (although this probably happened long ago, and with little help from me.) I had a similar problem with my first weblogthing, but it eventually slowed down to a regular pace, and then eventually to an infrequent crawl.
Today, I'm attempting to get things down to a manageable level early so that I'll be able to keep churning out something every day.
Soon I will also stop talking about this silly weblogthing and hopefully arrange words in a much more interesting sequence.
However, that day ain't today.
Instead I'm going to talk about why I picked "slowseason" as the address for this page. It won't take long.
The main reason was that apokalipsis.blogspot.com, nottheend.blogspot.com, endtimes.blogspot.com and other title-appropriate names were already taken. I briefly considered taking a name with a number in it, like my roommates Ed (twelvegates.blogspot.com) and Grant (50fifty.blogspot.com), but I sort of hate numbers a little bit. And anyways, there are too many weird numbers associated with The Apocalypse already.
So I just started throwing words together in my mind, and slowseason stuck. I don't really like it much now, but it's the address, and changing it would just make me harder to find again.
To me slowseason is kind of about California, where it's basically all one long springsummer, with none of the wild variance Erin and I saw coming across the Northern U.S. It also ties in with my feelings about an apocalypse or revelation -- they don't usually come all at once in a big climactic burst like in the movies. Mostly things unfold so slowly it's hard to notice, but things are happening, things are changing and the revolution, the revelation, is blooming right in front of us, even when we feel stagnant and like we're going nowhere. Everything's building, and that's life. That's the slowseason

. . . dot blogspot dot com.

12 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

that needs to be the name of the Kindred Fall album! seriously. Slow Season, album by Kindred Fall...

Sun Feb 20, 12:31:00 PM PST  
Blogger Grant said...

Or Falling Kindred, an ablbum by Kindred Fall.

Here is another list of names for your album. You must use one of them or I will kill you:

Apokaliptika

Inflammable Vs. Non-Flammable

The Rise To The Fall

Road Closed

I Hate Numbers

Extension Cord Blues

"Not Plagarized"

1001011010010011

This Is The First Album By Kindred Fall

Savvy

Super-Mega-Biomechanoid-Monkey

Mr. Killer Gloves

Play It On The Big Ones

Nowhere: We're Now Here

Come to think of it, I probably should have put this on Ed's website. Oh well.

Sun Feb 20, 04:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

oooh oooh, I want to try! Even if you take the name that I inadvertantly came up with, I don't want to miss out on the coming up with lists of album names experience.

how about:

Kindling
The Rise and Fall of Toasty Ghosty
Formely The End
Kindred Winter
Rock Around the Block
Billy Corgan
Finding Emo
Hat trick
More than the Ceiling
Hope to the hopeless
Sound to the soundless
Pie to the pieless
(etc.)
The First thing You Need to Know
Jewel's New Album (by Kindred Fall)


there are more out there, I know it!

Sun Feb 20, 07:40:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ed said...

DOOD! most of those are characters from soon-to-be Aro scripts (maybe) and Grants nicknames. of course a lot of puns from aro. some of the ones that grant put were supposed to be Breakfast Epiphanies album names. and come to think of it, we ended up using your nick name! dang it!

Mon Feb 21, 09:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger Ed said...

btw... "pie to the pieless" is like a soap opera... it'll be a winner i tell you.

Mon Feb 21, 09:31:00 AM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

My personal faves are

Extension Cord Blues
and
Billy Corgan

Oh!

What about "'Billy Corgan and the Extension Cord Blues' - an album by Kindred Fall (not Billy Corgan)"???

Mon Feb 21, 12:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Wow your are all very funny as i am sitting her laughing my ass off in the middle of a quiet Austrian library with my headphones on...whatever the album ends up getting called i want to hear it! pronto! so get on that! btw, Aro this post is most excellent and i love your explanations of slowseason in relation to apokalipsis/the end is near/etc. love, aaron

Tue Feb 22, 04:37:00 AM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

you know what else i just noticed? to tell the difference between a post by Aaron 'Aro' Humphrey and Aaron 'A/C' Choate, one must pay close attention to the name 'Aaron.' Does it have dashes like so?: -Aaron-
Does it just say Aaron like so: Aaron. With dashes = me aka a/c and without dashes = him aka aro. the end. is near.

Tue Feb 22, 04:40:00 AM PST  
Blogger Grant said...

can I be "!grant!" ?

Tue Feb 22, 09:14:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO!

Tue Feb 22, 11:44:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about
Human Pudding
Cold Cereal
Where the River Ends
The Hamburger You Never Ate

Sun Feb 27, 09:38:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

I like the last one the best!

Wed Mar 02, 07:47:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home