Sunday, October 30, 2005

the tides, they are a-changin'

So as Daylight Savings Time departed from the West Coast I felt compelled to do something with the extra hour left in its wake and I made the page look different. I'm not totally happy with it yet and some of the colors are still weird, but I was rather tired of orange and grey. I guess it symbolized my city (Orange) and the landscape (pavement) or something, but whatever.
The new template is adapted from a few photos of the Oregon coast taken in the summer. Let me know what you think of it. Maybe I'll throw together another one soon -- it didn't take as long as I thought it would since the layout is pretty much set.
blah blah blog.
I've had a rather social weekend/last couple of days. Saw a few movies, met some new people, had looong (and good!) chats with some of my posse, watched a play and won third prize in a pumpkin carving contest. Hoor-yay! I also haven't bought food or done laundry in like it seems. That would have been back when I still had the pipe yard job and was still making steady money. I am slowly getting better at freelancing it, though, and a magazine job at Chapman is hopefully on the horizon.

GUESTS IN NATURE SECTION!!
Last week I got to spend some time with some people who are close to my heart, but not close to my house and who also happened to be missing Y chromosomes. Erin spent nearly a week here giving me a good excuse to get out and do some awesome stuff with her, and my Mom and our family friend Linda Ellingson stopped by for a few hours on their way to New Zealand to visit my sister! Elizabeth wrote up a brief report on her site and talks a lot about flaura and fauna. It seems that nothing except DESERT is native to California, but we do have some good imports and visitors. Behold!


My mom hinding behind a plant by some antique boutique in The Circle.


Erin and I trying to be tropical fish at Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. Who is more convincing?

As you can see, it was totally awesome having them both here. Um . . . there is so much stuff to talk about! But I'm also hungry and sleepy. And I'm wearing a cowboy hat. Anyway, so much more stuff will have to wait for tomorrow.
xxxooo
zzzzzzzzzz

PS -- I find it funny that blogger doesn't have the word "blog" in their spellchecker. It suggests "bloc" instead. And "Erin" isn't a real word to them either, although Ernst is. If anything is spelled weird, I blame them.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz x 2

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for your mom as the most convincing tropical fish- she's the most colorful! And I like this new design, but the blue and green letters are hard to read. And your hair looks really short in the shadow- is it? or is it even yours?
AND the Oregon coast looks so beautiful- I hope some real estate bigshots don't see your page and go and ruin everything!

Sun Oct 30, 03:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger Grant said...

i like the new layout...I'll give my critique as well:

your links are hard to read (ok ok, so Erin beat me to it) and the background color is a little bright, I'm not sure if it hurts my eyes...but I like the idea.

anyway...see you tonight!!

Sun Oct 30, 04:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

That's funny because i was going to say that this new blogxperience felt like i was either underwater, or in a fish tank or both before i even saw your photo from the aquarium! i'd forgotten that you two went there, and it's great that you did. i want to go!

Someday i'd like to meet some of your family. Maybe even up in AWESOME Oregon. There was a crossword clue in the LA Times today which was 'Oregon capital' which i proudly filled in and thought of you. i wasn't able to finish the puzzle, though i got much closer to the Register's crossword which i also attempted. Anyway Oregon rules! In California's defense, though, the only thing native is NOT just desert! What about the Sequoia National Forest! The Bay Area! Santa Cruz Mountains and Forests! Come on!!! (i also didn't really read your sis's blog, so i'm not 100% sure what that reference is about actually...) Anyway, yay California! (mostly)

Grant is like a blog vampire such that when he sees bright colors that aren't drab and dark on blogs he is instantly shocked. But perhaps his blog-sucking ways are a changin' becuase he says he likes the idea. Who knows?

Anyway, how about i write on my own blog instead of blogging here, eh?!

Mon Oct 31, 03:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger Aaron said...

Ha ha, Grant is totally a vampire. I will probably still change the colors around, though.

Also, I do appologize to California. Not all is desert. Just Southern California. NorCal is it's own hella state!

Tue Nov 01, 12:53:00 AM PST  
Blogger Grant said...

don't mock the blog vampire

Tue Nov 01, 05:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Hey Aro i just remembered something funny you said when we were living in Braden. You had been reading your Bible a lot and were going through large chunks or all of the Old Testament and you said that lately you had been reading your Bible religiously. Ha ha.

Tue Nov 01, 06:08:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home