Monday, September 05, 2005

Social Life

I've been to four parties in the past three days.
I've talked to many people about many things, eatten all sorts of great food, ran around, laughed, sang and played blackjack. I've discovered wonderful parts of this city that I never knew existed, and have been constantly reminded of how awsome and unique people are. My life right now is full and beautiful.
...
yet when i sit alone and try and write, words won't line up in my head.
because when i've found myself alone, i am not sure who i am.
and i am not sure what i'm for.
...
I suppose above all else, I have to make it on my own, because that's what you do here, you follow your Heart and do your Own Thing, asserting your Will in the world to create something better I suppose . . .
but on my own i swirl and drift without an anchor.
if you were my anchor . . .
but no
you can't be, for they say no one could be.
So alone I anchor to myself and alone I feel like i
.
.
.
sink
...

4 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

see...if I had written that, everyone would just say, "Oh, Grant's being all angsty and overdramatic again" but that's a little cryptic coming from you.

I don't have an anchor for you, but I have a life vest you can borrow till things calm down. It's a little small since it's from when I was younger.

I'd lend you the bigger one, but I'm holding onto it for dear life.

Wed Sep 07, 05:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

thank you, Grant.

Wed Sep 07, 09:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Oh Grant, you're just being all angsty and overdramatic again!

Thu Sep 08, 12:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Grant said...

ARRRGGG!!!!

:)

Thu Sep 08, 01:39:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home