Friday, August 05, 2005

Cross-country



create your own visited states map
or check out these Google Hacks.

So I think these are all the states I've been to or driven through (just airport stops don't count). Erin will probably correct me if I'm wrong, as I imagine she knows better than I do. I'm pretty proud of myself -- except for that middle section I've hit up nearly all of the West and Midwest, PLUS some! I'm not sure what the fascination with maps and lists and such is, but I'm finding that this summer I've spent a lot of time trying to sort through and archive my past. It feels like a subconcious, instinctive thing -- I'm gathering up the bits of what my life has been so far and putting them in places they'll be as safe and airtight as possible so that I can move on to the next, unknown stage of my life and not worry about losing what I've had.
I'm planning on putting up some online photo albums soon, among other things. In the meantime, here are a few pictures from the Oregon coast, circa two weekends ago.


I was afraid to post this picture of the awesome beach at Pacific City as it might attract noisy California tourists who will destroy the natural beauty that's still there, but then I remembered that Californians tend to like their beaches warm with volleyball courts and close to Taco Bells, so I'm not too worried.


The company was just as nice as the scenery. Here's my mom, grandman, aunt and uncle and cousins at one of many homecooked meals. I'--

eep!
My ride to the airport is here. I'm off again to Wisconsin to visit my lovely Erin for her birthday and other general shenanagins (sheenagghines?) so I'll post more upon my return!
xxxooo

6 Comments:

Blogger -Aaron- said...

You typed grandman!
...which makes me laugh.

Fri Aug 05, 04:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Oh, plus it looks like we need to do a road trip of either the Northeast, or the dirty South! PLUS, Tom Petty.

Fri Aug 05, 04:58:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to come on over to DC/Maryland!
Amber

Sun Aug 07, 06:15:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Aug 10, 02:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

Hmm, I think GrandMan would be a good name for a band. Especially if my grandma were in it!!

The Northeast must be conqured, and more of the dirty South shall be explored in due time.

I have, however, been to DC before! It just doesn't show up on the map because it is soooo small. Which, come to think of it, may be how the federal government should be anyway . . .!

that's right. my blog has just become political!

Sat Aug 13, 03:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

ha!

Sun Aug 14, 12:13:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home