Wednesday, August 17, 2005

three awesome pictures, three modes of time, and Aaron melts down

so today.
I'm kind of tired. Besides working a full day at work, Ed and I picked up a spare refrigerator from his grandma’s house and continued rearranging the apartment to prepare for Kyle’s immanent arrival as Third Roommate!! I actually scrubbed the kitchen floor, too.
And we found this spider outside!


Good soul food was actually our lower case savior today.

And last week.
After the amazing Chicago adventure we rode the train back to Wisconsin where we spent the rest of the week. A much shorter run-down:

Saturday:
Erin, her brother, grandpa and cousin Madisyn all have birthdays in August, so as per tradition there was a communal pool party to celebrate them all. Erin and I went to Popeyes Chicken to pick up . . . well, chicken, for the party. I seriously was going to pretend that I had misread their name as “Pope Yes” and asking the cashier if they were a Catholic establishment, but then “chickened” out, figuring either the joke was too obvious and they got it all the time, or they just wouldn’t really get it. I ran it by Erin on the ride home and although she got it, she didn’t seem to think it was very funny.
Genius goes unappreciated, I guess.
The party was fun, and Erin made sure everyone got presents by setting up sort of an anti-competition game – we all had to share a memory of August. It was a good way to get to learn more about everyone – AND get presents!
I splashed around in the pool with Erin’s dad, brother and cousins, playing some sort of game where we bounced balls back and forth and there weren’t really any points, but sometimes we pretended there were.
That night we watched a movie Erin had checked out from the library:
Ice Pirates!

It was a swashbuckling sci-fi comedy from 1985 full of action and . . .
We both fell asleep within half an hour.


Sunday:
Walked to church with Erin, which was nice since that’s what we always used to do in California, too. I enjoyed the service, although in some ways it was too traditional for me to really relate well to.
Also, it was Erin’s birthday!!
Hmmm. I re-read Erin’s blog on what happened while I was there and it looks like I am getting chronology all mixed up. So, ok . . .
Um.
I’m really kind of sleepy right now.
so much for a day by day rundown. I can't even remember my name right now? I guess go read what she wrote, since it's probably a lot clearer than this is.
But still --! Erin left out a few parts in her account, namely when we got deep-dish pizza went to go see March of the Penguins, and also when I told her I would take her to any restaurant for her birthday and she chose to go to Culvers and get a raspberry malt!
Here we are trying to recreate the classic ‘50s malt shoppe date.

Somehow it doesn’t look quite as glamorous as Archie comics made it look?
Well a lot of other way more glamorous stuff happened that weekend --- perhaps one day I will write a haiku or two about it.
so sleeeeeeepy . . . mind . . .
melted.

So, tomorrow:
I am going to Oregon again? The traveling is constant!
How can this be??????????

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics, Aaron- especially that spider with web!
Yay, traveling! It's so cool that you can so much, and that you get to see so many people that are important to you.
You got the details right on our adventures, but not the dates, so in case it matters:
Sat: Aaron has just gotten in late the night before; we went to Chicago, hung out at night and attempt #1 at Ice Pirates.
Sun: church, August birthday party (Skyler not Madysin); Hope visited, Ice Pirates attempt #2
Mon: my birthday- Aaron at library while I babsat, drank malt, partied with friends late-night
Tues: dentist fiasco that included much pain and an unexpected root canal; Gurnee, IL- shopping, deep dish pizza, and March of the Penguins; actually finished Ice Pirates?
Wed: Aaron stayed home while I babsat 'til noon; last couple of hours ate lunch, drove to airport
If anyone would like more details, let me know, and I'll update it on my page.

Thu Aug 18, 07:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger -Aaron- said...

Let me just say that the whole "Pope Yes" joke bit struck me as really funny, even though you didn't do it. Maybe it's because i went to a Catholic high school, or because i was in Rome when the Pope died or something...who knows? At any rate, if i ever go to a Pope Yes (again?) i may try that.

Thu Aug 18, 11:08:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erin's shirt is very pretty! Now who is holding the camera?

- Hope

Mon Aug 29, 08:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'm not sure who held the camera for that shot. It looks like me, but was probably Erin since she's the only one who can get all of both of us in frame when we go for self portraits!

Wed Aug 31, 11:51:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home